Friday, November 5

Waiting is the most painful.

Well I know the 2nd appeal to buy a flat has reached the relevant authority. But then since then, there is no news. Frankly speaking, with each passing day, I have less time to execute whatever needs to be done if the appeal fails. This rental tenancy of my Ghim Moh Flat has only 87 days left. Hahaha come to think about it, that is not much time left.

I am not sure what HDB has to offer me. If by expressing my interest to buy, doesn't bring me anywhere as I dun fufill their criteria to buy due to my lack of family nucleus. I think that I would have a strong case to argue with them to carry on renting my present flat. But haha I dunno whether i would succeed since I also dun fufill their criteria to rent due to my salary over the ceiling set by them and my lack of family nucleus. What could be the worst possible scenario? No place to stay?

I may have sound negative in most of my blog posts and Facebook. But hahaha I am facing this problem head on and positively. I think I have done what I can possibly. Yeah I was thinking to write to the Straits times forum before but hahaha I guess I rather not till the election is over. Hahahaha.

Anyway even if the decision by the authority is going to be negative, I guess that I am ready to face it. The most economy solution is to stay in the camp, while renting some storage space for things that I couldn't bring them in. Maybe I will go extra mile to get permission to bring them all in. Alternatively, I would extend my overseas posting to the maximum period to 3 years. Neither way would solve the problem for the long term but I guess that they would be the best short term solutions for now. But it doesn't come without challenges, I am so dependant on Internet nowadays, it could be quite a challenge to kick the habit.

And the community work, I am quite divided on this actually. I haven make up my mind on this. Supposedly as Grassroots Leaders, I should support govt policies but now these housing policies are putting me in doubts. Yeah this is rather personal here. I guess that I just need some time off to straighten my thoughts.

No comments: