Thursday, November 11

Finally

It took me so long to realize that it is just not working.

I defended my actions to stay out and to spend quite a significant amount of my monthly salary on transportation so that I can have work life balance. But being a lazy bum that every minute of sleep is so important to me, I have been taking taxi to work most of the mornings, if not every mornings. This has been a habit for close to 2 years now I guess. And because of that, more often than not, I ended up having little savings or no savings at all, or even over-spending what I am supposed to spend. Hahaha that sounds like my elder sister and my father when it comes to budgeting, maybe the family is just so bad when it comes to managing the dollars and cents.

But recently partly because of the housing issue, I am looking deep inside myself. I am thinking why do I ended up in the situation that I am in. I realized that it's me. I have not been saving much since my late mother's passing. I used to be very thrifty when I needed to support my late mother's expenses. But all these seems to have disappeared over the years. Perhaps the sense of urgency to save was not there anymore. But my inability to save leads to me not actively finding a girlfriend. Because my mindset was if that I am struggling to save or I am overspending, definitely that I cannot afford a girlfriend.

And taliking about work life balance. And got life or no life. Does it means that booking out every night and waste my time playing games on Facebook = got life? Yeah there are interactions with friends but often than not, most of them are virtual games friends. Would there be meetings with them physically? Chances are rare.

I still dunno what is the outcome of the flat. But I guess that I am kinda preparing myself for the stay in life if things didn't go as well as I want it to be. But everything happens for a reason, I am trying to look at the housing issue from a positive prospective, it would be great financially if the worst case scenario happens. It would free me from some bills but it would be quite inconvienent without a place to call home. So there are pros and cons.

I have made up my mind to stay in most of the times, but I would book out if I have something on, like grassroots meetings or gatherings.

Damn what did I took so long to learn my lesson? But at least I finally learnt.

No comments: