Sunday, November 28

Hardly the best preparation

Hahaha I was hoping that I wouldn't be typing this. I thought that it was a blessing in disguise when I fall sick 2 weeks plus from the half marathon. Hmmm but it is becoming a nightmare in a way when I have yet to recover fully after 1 week plus. And I have not been running since then, and I got this feeling that I have already put on a couple of pounds. Hahaha. I think that I am at most 70%, but damn I think that I must really try to squeeze one or two short runs before the big one on Sunday.

Hmmm well the stars seem well aligned for a PB before the illness. I am not that sure about that at the moment but I know that I have the ability to go under my PB for a half marathon, well the standard that I have set in 2007 is not very high anyway (2 hr 54mins) . It's about time to raise the standard bar. I have a strong feeling that I can go under 2 hr 30 mins this time round. Maybe even faster but I shall not be overly ambitious. I would be very happy le with under 2hr 30mins considered my longest mileage per run is only 10km.

I have "recovered" from the previous post. The past have made me into a person who I am today, but what matters most is the future. The only way forward is to learn from the mistakes, and the past, and make sure that I do not commit them in the future, and the least I take reference from the past would be better.

The last thing that I need to convince with strong references from the past is the housing issue. The soonest I can get it over with - either getting a permanent place through HDB or I find someone real soon. Would be ideal. But I shall not be dwelling on the issue, it is like the calmness before a storm. I am just waiting for the renewal letter which should arrives in a couple of weeks.

No comments: