Wednesday, October 27

Leave

Well I have finally cleared my dental examination for my overseas posting. I know he was very relucant to do so, he still got me to book another appointment for another check up next Jan and referred me to another place to do a crown for one of my tooth. Hmmm kinda long story, I chose not to do anything about that tooth in the past because I simply do not have a cheque book then, and lastly I was quite poor back then. Most of my dental treatments are free but not this one. I do not even know what cost to expect. But since the referral was done, as the denist isn't sure if this tooth will give me trouble while at overseas, haha I decided to just get it done this time round.

And as it is just a few months before my expected posting, they fixed the appt so fast for the consultation as they are worried that they could not complete the procedure before I fly off. I was referred on Mon, got the call on Tue, and the appt is today. So I got to take a half day leave this morning to visit a bank to open a new account with cheque book facility. Hahaha kinda stupid lah.

Anyway I finally took a plunge. I do not know if I would be successful through. I am appealing for a flat. I am unsure if I would succeed. But one thing for sure, I dun fufill the criteria to carry on renting my current place due to my family nucleus and my current income is way over the limit, and ya I dun really fufill the criteria to buy a flat due to family nucleus. But what and where does that leave me? I fought my way up the social ladder from a dsyfunctional and unserved family background based on merit and yet now I am stuck in the middle of nowhere due to my "success". Well since I have played my cards, I cannot do anything now but to wait for news. Whether it's good or bad, at least I know I have tried.

No comments: