Thursday, November 18

Clearing leave

Hmmm well clearing leave for the rest of the week. Shiok.

Made good use of the time to settle some personal adminstrative stuff earlier in the morning.

Went to POSB and wind up my SAYE (Save As You Earn) account that is opened 4 years ago. Initially wanted to change the instruction of the account once the account has matured. But the bank has since moved on to cease this scheme and now offers MySavings account (MSA) nowadays. As the scheme is technically no longer active, there were techinical difficulties in changing the instruction upon maturity. And thus in the end, I decided to close it. Hmmm it's for simplicity as well, I only want one account for my short term savings, much simple and neater to maintain.

I then proceeded to CIMB at Knightsbridge at Orchard. Hahaha. Hmmm I applied for the internet banking facility when I opened an account with them but I realized that upon reaching home the other day, that they didn't give me anything leh. Probably the staff has left it out, so I went back today to apply for an ATM card and the internet banking facility.

And then I went to Starhub @ Plaza Singapura. Finally did the right thing by terminating my Starhub phone line which was not used for 2 years. I have been donating to Starhub for nothing Hahaha. Well no more hubber discount, but I guess that I more or less covered it up after reducing my basic tier to just 3 groups just now. What's next? Maybe would downgrade my internet package. Hmmm that will depends on how my expenses would be like.

Making use of the time to do a little bit of house cleaning. Hmmm gathering all unecessary stuff that are new but gathering dust at one corner of the flat - mostly stuff that I got for free through running events. I would be selling them at the Ulu Pandan Family Day Flea Market. Almost all of the proceeds would go to the Ulu Pandan CCC Bursary 2011. It is really for a good cause. So why not?

Besides, I would need to plan a mass exodus of my personal belongings if I got to move. Or it's like killing two birds with one stone, and for a good cause. So I am gladly doing it. =P

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hey Alec,

Am impress of the actions you have taken for yourself, & you did so almost immediately. You truely put actions to your words. =) *clap clap*

Thundercat said...

Hey Rebecca,

Nice to see ya here. Well I can only said that the class is really timely for myself.

The willingness to change was the key factor.