Saturday, October 23

Another Weekend.

So fast another week comes and goes. But today is just a bit special.

I would be lying if I said that I do not miss her at all. My late mother would be 62 if she is still around. So happy birthday to you, Mum! wherever you are.

I started my weekend by a shopping trip at Velocity on Friday evening. It was for a new pair of running shoes. Well my present pair of NB1064 have not reached the mileage limit but I have decided to retire the running shoes with immediate effect due to some issue earlier in the day. Hmmm I felt that I twisted my ankle ligament (the reconstructed one) only once but twice at the start of the camp run. The sharp pain sensation was the most intensive that I have felt for a long time. But things are different now. If it was me 1 or 2 years ago, I probably would just give up and stop. But yesterday morning I didn't. Besides that two moments of the sharp pain, there was no signs of trouble and I persisted with my run. And I managed to shield more time from Monday's timing. I went under 24 mins, 6 mins/km pace. 23 mins 55 sec to be exact. I managed to maintain a constant pace throughout the 4km (2 x 2km lap) which was encouraging, usually I will tend to slow in the 2nd lap. Let's hope that it is not one off, and I can maintain the pace for future runs.

After the run, I decided to do some post-mortem. Hmmm I decided to retire my current running shoes as a precaution. The ankle support has become loose, so I felt that it is not providing enough support. Hmmm this pair of running shoes has went through quite a lot of "abuse" with me, I only brought one pair of shoes to Germany so hahaha no point guessing what did I use for my soccer sessions there. And those days that I worked in muddy conditions of the Padang during the National Day Parade rehearsals.

Haha so I am going to do something not advisable this Sunday. I am wearing a brand new, unseasoned running shoes but it is of the same model and size for this Sunday's race. But I rather choose this path than wearing the old shoes and risk twisting the ankle ligament again.

But if u ask me, I dunno what has hit me. But I have regained the mental toughness that was lacking in me for years. But the true fact is that I am still very lazy, besides the runs, I have not done much workouts actually. My weight has not decreased already so I know I need to do more. But in terms of runs, I am wary to increase my running mileage as I didn't want to put more stresses on my ankle ligament. I dunno its limits and I dun want to know its limits. Hahaha. Yes I am tougher now, but there is always that few moment that you would think about the what if. I could ill afford one now especially with the overseas posting in the pipeline.

Attended a course this morning as part of my personal pursuit for Certificate of Community Development. Hmmm I didn't enjoy this as much as the course that I attended last week. The course reaches its objective of giving us the insights of budgeting of events, but during the presentation of our group budgeting, comments from certain coursemates seems to be quite "offending" which causes the atmosphere to be "defensive". Maybe they are too "serious and keen" to share their valuable experiences but why so serious when it is just a course and the budgeting exercise is more like a learning tool. Instead it become more like that I am stuck in the wet market with some aunties arguing over costs than in class with supposedly more senior grassroots leaders. Hahaha no comments.

But there is some take away from the course, at least I get to know a few more like-minded young friends from the other YECs.

No comments: