Tuesday, March 15

Farewell post

Well have been neglecting this blog for a long while. Decided to write one entry before I go off in a couple of days.

The sister has discharged herself from IMH apparently after a serious conflict with the staff there. Probably helpless, she went to the press and pretended that she was really pitiful, and I was seriously angered by a comment of my late mother been the one who arranged her to work in a nightclub when she was 15. The accusation was totally false and I got really mad.

But then a couple of days later, my ex bro-in-law sms me her blog site. After I read her entries over the next few days, I realised that she has totally lost her mind. Actually it is really interesting, I wonder how someone who has lost it can maintain a blog. But she is really good in expressing thoughts in words - more accusations including one that I want to murder her, curses of me and my father going to hell, has the special ability to predict future, 4D, end of the world, past life, believing in the UNKNOWN, gods in her body, etc etc - all myths and legends within a really short time span. This is really madness, this really looks a very serious case of schizophrenia...

Well what is the meaning of carrying on? Yes I would hold on strongly to my principles but in this case, so what if I am right? This issue has developed into something out of my comfort zone, I am not sure how I should handle certain issues.

And the nieces... Well things are not that simple as well. That bonding with their mother over the years, and their love for their mother is still going strong, despite what she has done, and their "complaints" to us during their first few days after the ordeal. They rather trust their mother than anyone else, and it is made complicated with her release and her strong message in the press that she wants to get well and get them back.

Through my overseas posting is pre-arranged even before the whole incident, and there are people who questioned me about the timing. I decided to carry on with it. Seriously it is not about running away, I do need some time away to figure certain things out. I am as resilient as ever, but well there is no simple solution to the current situation. I have my concerns of my nieces going back to the mother given her mental capability if we are unable to stop her, but I am also helpless in a way that the children has not reached the maturity to see through certain things. Only time will tell.

So I guess 1 year away from Singapore isn't all too bad a thing, besides letting go of most of my responsibility in my grassroots/volunteer work which is rather sad. I have devoted quite a bit of time on them and have truly enjoyed my grassroots/volunteer work.

Also taking sometime away to re-think my priorities in life as a whole. Well I am going to be 27 this year, I need to make up my mind especially on my career, I cannot afford to keep changing goals anymore. And the flat issue on the long term, either I have to make up my mind on moving back to my dad's or I have to seriously save up for my own. I might opt for the latter, that's why I feel that everything is in place right now to achieve that simple goal if I am careful with my overseas allowance. As for the relationship, well I have my own reasons why it is not on the top of my priority, I seriously rather face certain issues in life myself than dragging someone into a mess which can get really distracting and tiring at times. But as I shared with a good friend, if I continue to be selfless, and chose to carry on to believe that way, there would never be a good time since certain issues would be in place for a rather long time. So I think I would leave the door open and shall leave it to fate.

To end the post, please kindly help to vote...

I have recently submitted some entries for Finding North West organized by North West CDC - to find a icon in North West District, and 2 of my photo entries have now been selected in the final 15 pictures for public voting. 40% of weightage comes from votes, so your votes are important to me.

Please kindly support me by voting...

1. Like the page Club 1835 @ North West on Facebook...

2. Then click on the link below to like my photos...

Link 1 - Cast Iron Railway Bridge over Bukit Timah Road...

Link 2 - Bukit Timah Nature Reserve...

Please strongly support link 1 to raise awareness of preservation of the bridge after the railway services is dis-continued...

Voting ends this Sunday

No comments: